Pay per click is a type of advertising technique where the advertisers only pay when someone visits their websites, i.e. when someone clicks on them. This is unlike other forms of advertising when you have to pay even when no-one looks at your ads.
PPC management is pretty simple- all you need is a basic guidebook. You can select certain keywords for your ads, and when someone looks up for those particular keywords, your ad will be listed there. You will not have to pay if nobody clicks on your ad. Since there are many competitors for a single keyword, you have to bid and the successful bidder gets the highest ad. The more you pay- the higher you will appear on the results. You can select more than one keyword as well.
Though all search engines do not offer PPC advertising, but the major ones do. So you can work on PPC management on Google, Yahoo and MSN.
Because PPC hasn’t been around for long, people are pretty confused about it. They don’t know the requirements to run a successful PPC campaign. Here are a few steps that you can follow if you want to run PPC:
* Identify your target market.
* Decide on how much you can pay.
* Select the right search engine- Google is the number one engine.
* Look for the most used keywords. You can also get some lesser used keywords since the most used ones would cost you more.
* Write an ad description that would attract the masses, and lead them to your page.
* Decide the correct landing page for your campaign
* Now, launch the campaign on the search engines you chose.
* It doesn’t stop here- keep monitoring the responses of your PPC campaign- how much ROI you are getting, and if there is anything that you should improve upon.
Though these steps are quite simple, but if you feel that you would need help, then it is best to hire a professional SEO company that can run a successful PPC campaign for you. Research well and find the company that can take on this kind of work.